The Maker Program
We've seen many creative and unique designs come through over the years, but there was never an official way for people to share their layouts with other people. Now, we are developing a platform for that and contributors can also earn money for their work!
What is a Maker Design?
A unique keycap design created by one of our Maker partners. Each eligible design will consist of a custom layout with specifies the printed legends on the keycaps. A specific keycap colorway can be paired with the custom layout.
Keycap colorways, by themselves, are not considered a Maker Design.
What do I need to make one?
To start making custom designs, you will need to utilize a vector based graphics program. We formally support Inkscape, but can also accept Adobe Illustrator, and CorelDRAW files.
If you would like to work with Inkscape, please follow our tutorials to learn the basic skills you'll need for most layout designs.
- Intro to Custom Layouts
- Custom Layouts 1/3 - Text and Objects
- Custom Layouts 2/3 - Object Colors
- Custom Layouts 3/3 - Add graphics
How do I submit a design?
All designs will need to be emailed to email@example.com.
Please make sure you include the following information:
- Full Name
- Display Name (If you do not want your real name displayed)
- Name of your design
- What layout(s) and language is it compatible with.
- Keycap Colorway Option
- Include a screenshot of intended colorway. Customers will not be able to change key colors.
- If no colorway is specified, all keys will default to black, but customers will be able to change the colors in the designer.
- Paypal email address
- Your commission amount. $5 and up.
- Your SVG or AI file.