Many of our custom printed products support order comments. We will try to accommodate all requests as best we can when submitted through the comments section upon ordering.
Examples of what we CAN accommodate:
- "Can you make all my text red?"
- "Can you change my "line" keys to regular R2 1x1"
- "Can you print "Hello World" on my spacebar?"
This is not limited to design changes. However, please keep in mind that the comment section requests are to be interpreted, approved and executed at the discretion of WASD employees. Requests in the comments section should be made very flexible and accepting that we will do what we can with what you have requested.
Examples of what we CANNOT accommodate:
- "Can you make my keyboard look like this... (link to photo/design/etc..)"
- "Can you change the alignment of the legends to top-left"
- "Can you change the font to (name of font)"
Some requests are either too complicated to explain through comments or may require a significant amount of time to fulfill. In either either cases, we suggest submitting your own custom layout file or contact us beforehand to inquire about our design services.
If we cannot fulfill your request in the comments section your order will be put on hold and we will notify you via email and await further instructions.
Is it possible to get a custom colored back plate?
We only offer black cases and plates right now (black case, white plate for CODE keyboards) but we are looking into other options for the future.
Is it possible to get a few keys swapped to different switches?
We can do switch swapping for an additional fee. Just email us with what you want done and we'll get right back to you with a quote.
could I have an image printed on the spacebar?
An image on the spacebar could be achieved a couple ways. One would be to design a custom layout file with the image in place ( https://support.wasdkeyboards.com/hc/en-us/articles/115009403848-Intro-to-Custom-Layouts)
Alternately, you could order a custom art spacebar. (http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/printed-keycap-singles/custom-art-cherry-mx-keycaps.html)
I'm interested in the WASD VP3, but I have two questions I can't find answered anywhere on your site:
1. Where is the version with the backlight? It's mentioned in the manual (that Fn + X, C and V only apply to the version with the backlight), but I don't see a backlight mentioned anywhere in the specs or anywhere else besides the manual. I would love a backlight, though. :)
2. Is there an option to get keys printed with all of the custom functions actually shown on the keys? I thought the answer was "no, unless I make the print file myself," but then I found your blog and "Emily's reviews," which includes this picture: https://www.emilyreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/WASD-1-of-1.jpg So...maybe? But I don't see the media keys (play/pause, forward, back, and volume keys) listed on the QWE SDF keys in that picture, though they're described in the manual. And more importantly, I don't see that shown anywhere on the actual website or order page.
I'm already the very happy owner of two Code Keyboards with MX Green switches (one 87 key and one 104 key), and looking to get an even smaller more portable option, and interested in the possibilities of programmable keys. :)
1. The CODE VP3 (backlit version) has been discontinued, sorry. We may come out with a new version at some point, but no solid plans for now.
2. There is a pre-designed layout option for the VP3 with both the main legends and the function layer printed (Modern with Function Layer). If you wanted something beyond that, a custom layout file would be needed.
Are you able to print the Mac Hotkeys on the function keys as a custom request?
Yes, we can print the Mac Hotkeys on the F-row if it is requested in the order comments.
Thanks for confirming that!
Hi! I am looking to get a nub on the down arrow key like the nubs that are on the F, J, and 5 on the 10 key. Is this possible? or no? (I don't know if the bottom row is a different shape...)
Hi, We don't have any homing keys for the bottom row, sorry. You could get a Row 2 line or dot key and put it on the down arrow, but it will not quite match the height and slope of the surrounding keys.
Hi! Is it in anyway possible to have the text printed on the sides of the keys instead of the top?
We are not currently equipped to print on the fronts or sides of the keys, only the tops, sorry.
Can you print keys with the Workman layout? With T & N home keys.
We have Workman as a pre-designed layout option for 104-key keyboards and key sets. If you would like an 87-key or 61-key model with Workman layout, you can request it in the order comments. The T and N keys will have the raised homing bars.
so I was wondering if there was an option for the 62-Key ISO Custom Cherry MX Keycap set, to set the Alphanumeric
Layout Style to "German" and "Vintage Cherry". I really like that style and can't seem to get it quite right in Inkscape.
We do not have a German Vintage Cherry layout pre-designed, sorry to say. If you would like, we can create the layout for you for an additional fee. Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of what you would like, and our graphic designers can give you a quote.
Hello, so i have these 2 questions.
1. When you puchase your gear do you get the full keyboard or just the keycaps?
2. I was wondering if i were able to choose the 62 key "Danish Layout Style" with "Large font."
We have custom keyboards where you design the keycaps and they are installed on the keyboard you selected. We also have custom keycap sets on their own.
We do not have a Large Font Danish layout pre-designed, but we could print one if you were to create it using our custom layout templates. More information about that process can be found here: https://support.wasdkeyboards.com/hc/en-us/articles/115009403848-Intro-to-Custom-Layouts
Alternately, we can create the layout for you for an additional fee. Just email us at email@example.com with your ides and our graphic designers can get back to you with a quote.
Is it possible to print two different layouts in different colours on a keycap set?
Please sign in to leave a comment.