Starting with our V3 keyboards released February 2019, the firmware is upgradeable. Older keyboard models such as the V2, V2.5, and V1 keyboards are not upgradeable to V3. You can check your keyboard's model number via the sticker on the bottom of the keyboard.
V3 Firmware Updates
Version 0.16 (February 24th, 2020)
WASD V3 and CODE V3B
- Windows Updater: FW_016_MOD.exe
- Mac Updater: MAC_FW_016_MOD.app.cpio (please follow this tutorial here)
- V3 v0.14+ Manual
- Adds Macro programming
- Adds RGB LED indicator light programming
- Updates DIP settings to v0.14 specs
- Fixed - Indicator LED randomly turning off issues
- Fixed - Pgm key relocation (0.14 release)
- Fixed - Issues with Fn as a macro (0.15 release)
- Fixed - Mod key (ctrl/alt/win) remaps work as expected (0.16 release)
- PS/2 not supported due to programming functions, if you need PS/2 please use our legacy V2.5 firmware below
Reverting to 2.5 firmware on a V3 keyboard
Some customers have requested the ability to revert back to the V2.5 firmware on their V3 keyboards, so we are offering this downgrade. The main reason you'd want to do this if you want Dvorak or Colemak on a dipswitch, but you will be giving up the macro and led indicator programming functions at this time.
We will be offering the ability to program a full Dvorak or Colemak layout in a future firmware release, but if you need on-board Dvorak and Colemak and don't want to wait for that release, please use this in the meantime.
You can always flash back and forth between 2.5 and V3 0.14.
- Windows Updater: v2.5-7692.exe
Updating on Linux using a Windows Virtual Machine
- Download VirtualBox for your OS (https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads)
- Install VirtualBox using default settings
- OSX users may get security prompt for Oracle during installing. Be sure to click Allow on your Security & Privacy Settings window.
- Download a Windows 7 test image from Microsoft (https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/tools/vms/)
- Select Virtual Machine: IE8 on Win7
- Select Platform: VirtualBox
- Load the Windows 7 Virtual Machine
- You can open the .ovf file directly from Finder OR
- Open VirtualBox, click Import, select the .ovf file, and click Continue
- After Windows loads, from the VirtualBox Menu bar, click on Devices >USB > SONiX USB Keyboard
- Open Internet Explorer and goto https://support.wasdkeyboards.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018518874-Keyboard-Firmware-Updates and download the appropriate update file.
- Run the update file as instructed on our Firmware Updates support page.