Starting with our V3 keyboards released February 2019, the firmware is upgradeable. Older keyboard models such as the V2, V2.5, and V1 keyboards are not upgradeable to V3. You can check your keyboard's model number via the sticker on the bottom of the keyboard.
V3 Firmware Updates
Version 2.80 (December 3rd, 2021)
WASD V3 and CODE V3B
- Windows Updater: FW_2.80.exe
- Mac Updater: (not available yet - this is an interim release - next release will have a mac updater)
Release history is here: Firmware Past Releases
NOTE: some users have reported key repeat / lag issues on certain systems. If you're experiencing this problem, please flash our V0.16 firmware version in the previous releases here. We're currently working on a fix for this with the latest firmware.
- V3 / CODE V3 Comprehensive User Guide (Firmware 1.20+) Please read as the dipswitches have changed on this release
- Fixed! 🐜 (Some backlight timer issues with consistency)
- Fixed! 🐜 (Some single key remaps having issues)
- New DIP settings - Dvorak and Colemak layouts now on the dipswitches (customer request)
- Increased macro size limit to accommodate full layout remapping
- Can now turn off different functions such as layer swap independently of other functions
- Can now move functions such as layer swap keys and backlighting controls
- New backlight timeout function (customer request)
- If you find any 🐜 bugs please email us and let us know!
- PS/2 not supported due to programming functions, if you need PS/2 please use our legacy V2.5 firmware below
Reverting to 2.5 firmware on a V3 keyboard
Some customers have requested the ability to revert back to the V2.5 firmware on their V3 keyboards, so we are offering this downgrade. The main reason you'd want to do this if you want Dvorak or Colemak on a dipswitch, but you will be giving up the macro and led indicator programming functions at this time.
We will be offering the ability to program a full Dvorak or Colemak layout in a future firmware release, but if you need on-board Dvorak and Colemak and don't want to wait for that release, please use this in the meantime.
You can always flash back and forth between 2.5 and V3 0.14.
- Windows Updater: v2.5-7692.exe
Updating on Linux using a Windows Virtual Machine
- Download VirtualBox for your OS (https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads)
- Install VirtualBox using default settings
- OSX users may get security prompt for Oracle during installing. Be sure to click Allow on your Security & Privacy Settings window.
- Download a Windows 10 test image from Microsoft (https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/tools/vms/)
- Select Virtual Machine: MSEdge on Win 10 (x64) Stable 1809
- Select Platform: VirtualBox
- Load the Windows 10 Virtual Machine
- You can open the .ovf file directly from Finder OR
- Open VirtualBox, click Import, select the .ovf file, and click Continue
- After Windows loads, from the VirtualBox Menu bar, click on Devices > USB > SONiX USB Keyboard
- Open Edge browser and goto https://support.wasdkeyboards.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018518874-Keyboard-Firmware-Updates and download the appropriate update file.
- Run the update file as instructed on our Firmware Updates support page.