Starting with our V3 keyboards released February 2019, the firmware is upgradeable. Older model keyboards such as V2, V2.5, and V1 keyboards are not upgradeable to V3. You can check your keyboard's model number on the back of the keyboard.
V3 Firmware Updates
Version 0.9 (Feb 20, 2019)
- Most keyboards will use 7690, if that does not work, use the 7692 file.
- V3 v0.9 Manual
- Adds RGB LED indicator light programming
- Updates DIP settings to v0.9 specs
- Fixed scan code errors in Mac Mode for `~ and \| keys
Updating on Mac/Linux using a Windows Virtual Machine
- Download VirtualBox for your OS (https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads)
- Install VirtualBox using default settings
- OSX users may get security prompt for Oracle during installing. Be sure to click Allow on your Security & Privacy Settings window.
- Download a Windows 7 test image from Microsoft (https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/tools/vms/)
- Select Virtual Machine: IE8 on Win7
- Select Platform: VirtualBox
- Load the Windows 7 Virtual Machine
- You can open the .ovf file directly from Finder OR
- Open VirtualBox, click Import, select the .ovf file, and click Continue
- After Windows loads, from the VirtualBox Menu bar, click on Devices >USB > SONiX USB Keyboard
- Open Internet Explorer and goto https://support.wasdkeyboards.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018518874-Keyboard-Firmware-Updates and download the appropriate update file.
- Run the update file as instructed on our Firmware Updates support page.