1. Download our latest Mac firmware here: Keyboard Firmware Updates
2. Unzip (decompress) the downloaded firmware zip folder.
3. When you first try to run the firmware updater application you will get this error:
4. To fix this, please first open Terminal. (Command+Spacebar to open Spotlight, then type in "terminal")
5. Within your terminal window, type in the command
please note there is a space after "c".
6. Now drag and drop the firmware application onto your terminal window;
7. Once you see the address to the file after your command "xattr -c " now press enter.
8. Double click the firmware application to open it again and it should run properly:
9. Plug in your keyboard and hit "start".
For a very small number of users, If the update happens to "fail" and it seems like the keyboard is non-responsive after that - DO NOT PANIC, please email us for further assistance and we can help you revive and flash your board.
If you run into any issues please email email@example.com or leave a comment below.
I've tried to update my CODE V3B keyboard on Mac OS 10.14.4, but got "Update fail" message in the updater tool. Is there anything I can do about it?
I'm sorry to hear about this issue. When did you get the error? Did the updater seem to run through and give the message at the end? Did the download and running of the updater tool go smoothly? Do you recall what decompression app you used? Any additional information may be helpful in determining the cause of the failure.
**Please note that we are out of the office until April 8th in compliance with government mandated safety protocols to close all non-essential businesses. We'll be able to answer some support inquiries remotely, but may not be able to fully investigate some issues until we return. Sorry for any inconvenience**
FWIW I had the same as Andrew. I used my mac's built-in unzipper and followed the directions above without issue. As soon as I pressed the Start button on the updater it said "Update fail"
Thanks for the info. Anything additional you can add, such as OS version, may help in diagnosis. We're looking into this recent failure issue, and the more we can give our devs, the better. Thanks in advance!
Mine is OS 10.14.6
Let me know if there's other specs you want
Thanks! We're passing all this info to our Devs, hopefully they'll have the issue sorted out shortly. In the meantime, let us know if you run into anything else, or have more questions.
Please sign in to leave a comment.